Should Christians Drink Alcohol? Did Jesus Make Alcoholic Wine? Is Drinking Alcohol a Sin?
This show is an in depth study which refutes Christians who say it's okay to drink alcohol, it's only a sin to get drunk. We cover this issue first and foremost from a Biblical perspective, but also include historical, scientific, statistical, linguistic, and social perspectives as well.
The topics covered in this study include:
- How the word "wine" is a generic term which can mean alcoholic wine or unfermented grape juice (as well as "oinos" & "yayin")
- A long list of warnings in the Bible against drinking alcoholic wine
- The scientific proof that even 1 or 2 beers will affect your judgment and driving skills
- How the making of alcoholic beverages is not a strictly natural process - it needs the help of man to make it happen
- 10 proofs from scripture that Jesus did not make alcoholic wine at the wedding of Cana
- Proof Paul did not mean alcoholic wine when he recommended Timothy use a little wine for his stomach in I Timothy 5:23
- Proof that Deuteronomy 14:26 cannot be used as an excuse for drinking alcohol including - how the term "strong drink" and the Hebrew word "shechar" underlying it are general terms that can mean 3 different things
- Proof that there were multiple methods of preserving grape juice from fermentation before the inventions of pasteurization and refrigeration
- Proof that the Methodist church required unfermented grape juice in communion 25 years before Thomas Bramwell Welch pastuerized Welch's Grape Juice
- 7 reasons why it is not okay for a Christian to drink moderately
SHOW NOTES: https://www.scribd.com/documen....t/397524007/Should-C
Please like, share, subscribe, and comment on the
Sound the Battle Cry radio social media pages: