The Week According To . . . Caroline Farrow
Welcome to our hebdomadal look back over the past seven days.
This episode the greathearted Caroline Farrow returns to talk us through what has captured her attention, piqued her interest or made her blood boil in the news, media and tabloids including...
- The very emotional story of a mother who is at the centre of a life support treatment dispute for her son with doctors saying life-support treatment should end.
- 'Waste and Wokery' Staff at NHS trusts have been told to cut "diversity and inclusion" jobs by Health Secretary Sajid Javid who claims that the NHS is a "Blockbuster healthcare system in the age of Netflix" after the release of a damning report which warns of "institutional inadequacy".
- Podcaster and writer Matt Walsh and his new documentary that exposes the fatal flaw of gender ideology as he travels around the world asking the question 'What is a Woman?' of strangers, women on the streets of American cities and even tribesmen in Africa.
- How can Ladies be more inclusive to Trans women you ask? Apparently encourage them to smell their own poo! Yes really! This article urges all women to spend time smelling their number two's during bathroom breaks, to critically examine what many transgender have to endure as part of the cost of bottom surgery.
- NHS drops 'women' from internet guidance on ovarian, womb and cervical cancers, this coming after the health service previously described ovarian cancer as affecting "the two organs that store eggs needed to make babies".
- Fox goes woke: Conservative news channel promoted the story of a transgender child who switched genders at five years old as part of the network’s “LGBTQ+ Pride Month” special.
- Has he looked down the back of the sofa? Rishi Sunak has been accused of losing taxpayers £11billion of taxpayers' money failing to insure the UK's debt mountain against interest rate hikes.
- Japanese scientists give you the finger, and not just any digit...it's a Slightly Sweaty Robot Finger!! They have created a (creepy) robotic finger covered in living skin in an advance they say brings truly human-like robots a step closer.
- People aged under 40 are being urged to have their hearts checked because they may potentially be at risk of SAD, the 'mysterious' Sudden Adult Death Syndrome which is frequently being reported around the world, but no tabloids are asking the question that those of us that are awake are all thinking.
- George Soros has spent $40 million over the past decade to elect 75 progressive prosecutors, a new report has found - who are now being blamed for soaring crime in some of America's largest cities.
- GPs who earn an average of £100,000 per year and generally work the equivalent of three days a week are threatening to strike over a new contract that would force them to offer appointments on weekday evenings and on Saturdays.
- Train drivers, who are also threatening strikes have had pay rises 20 times the rate of average workers in the last decade.
- Hypocrite Harry! Henry Charles Albert David, previously known as Prince Harry, has preached to the masses about the environment but we rarely hear him talk of his own carbon footprint. Probably because a return flight on a private jet from LA to London has 18x the carbon footprint of the average Briton in a whole year, and it is estimated he has made 21 similar trips in the last 2 years.
In 2010, frustrated by many of the media headlines and negative coverage of Catholicism, Caroline began a blog in defence of Catholic teaching and to reflect on UK current affairs and world events through the lens of a Catholic woman. What began as nothing more than personal musings designed to explain and propose controversial ethics and life issues to those who had struggled with them, or to de-bunk misleading narratives and headlines, soon mushroomed and popular posts would receive more than 30,000 unique visitors a day. Between 2011 and 2017, she was a member of the organisation Catholic Voices, set up to promote the defence of Catholic teaching in the public square and made numerous media interventions on their behalf and quickly became the 'go to' voice for media organisations looking to represent a female conservative Catholic point of view. Since 2013 Caroline has writes a weekly column for the Catholic Universe and has written for and featured in a number of other publications such as the Catholic Herald, the National Catholic Register, the Conservative Woman, Mercatornet, Crisis Magazine, LifeSiteNews and Church Militant. She used to write on Catholic culture at the now defunct Spectator Arts blog and has been featured in the Daily Mail, the Observer and the New Statesman. In 2013, Caroline was included as part of the first cohort of the BBC's '100 women' and she regularly features on BBC News, Sky News, ITV's Good Morning Britain, BBC Sunday Morning Live, the Big Questions and has made multiple appearances on Radio 4's flagship Today programme, Woman's Hour, the Moral Maze and the Sunday programme as well as featuring in one-off documentaries. Caroline also presented the coverage for March for Life UK for EWTN and has contributed to News Nightly and Celtic Connections. She also frequently contributes to Talk Radio, LBC and BBC local radio as well as BBC Radio Ulster, discussing matters pertaining to Catholicism, feminism and the challenges of motherhood and family life. Caroline has an eclectic career background. She began her professional life as a student accountant for a big 5 firm before succumbing to a desire for travel and adventure and became a member of cabin crew working both long and short-haul routes for internationally acclaimed airlines. Having got the travel bug out of her system, she returned to work within investment banking and private equity in the City of London until her first child was born. Caroline is currently the campaign director at CitizenGO, has 5 children of school-age, four girls and one boy and is married to a Catholic priest who converted from Anglicanism, a few years after they were married.
Follow Caroline on GETTR and Twitter @CF_Farrow and online https://www.carolinefarrow.net
Originally broadcast 11.6.22
Audio Podcast version available at https://heartsofoak.podbean.com/ and all major podcast directories.
To sign up for our weekly email, find our social media, podcasts, video, livestreaming platforms and more go to https://heartsofoak.org/ https://heartsofoak.org/find-us/
Please like, subscribe & share!